In my re-decorating quest, I turned to my beloved Pinterest account, of course. This is one of my recent pins, and I knew I had to try it out:
I knew that I was nowhere near talented enough to create the complex herringbone pattern, so I stuck to a more simple chevron pattern. Taping off the canvas in the pattern I wanted was the longest phase of the project. It would probably be a lot easier if you decided to tape off stripes or a random geometric pattern.
After my canvas was taped off, I just began randomly painting it in the colors of my choice. I'm not gonna lie...at this phase I was concerned. I thought my color choices were terrible and the whole thing was going to look awful.
However, after I pulled off all the tape, I was pretty happy with the results. And now my bathroom has one-of-a-kind artwork that didn't cost a billion dollars.