10.21.2012

The Studio October Sketch Challenge

One of the coolest things that has happened to me creativity-wise this year was becoming a member of The Studio's Design Team.  I've only been on the team for three months, but I've already been hugely inspired by the other girls and pushed to create new, unique layouts. 

I used to hate being forced to create layouts from sketches, because I didn't always find them inspiring.  It's one thing to find a neat sketch on a blog or another challenge site.  It's entirely different to be told, "you must create something based off of this."  And while I understand that is the point of being on a design team, it can be really hard.  However, our sketch designer, Valerie, has a knack for creating AWESOME sketches, which I love to create from.  Today's challenge is no exception.  Here's the sketch:
 Here is what I created:
And here is a close-up:
As you can tell, I kept pretty close to the sketch.  I adored it...and why should I mess with a good thing?  :o)

I hope you can play along with our challenges this month.  You can check out the other ladies' wonderful creations here.

Layout: Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: American Crafts, Studio Calico; Alphas: Echo Park; Sticker Phrase: Making Memories; Diecut Frame: Studio Calico; Wood Shapes: Studio Calico, Sodalicious; Washi Tape: Target; Mist: Tattered Angels

1 comment:

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Such a sweet layout! The color pallet is perfect for a love page :)