2.17.2013

The Studio || Patterned Paper-less Challenge

Hey, everyone!!  There is a new challenge posted this morning at The Studio.  We challenge all of you to create a layout without using patterned paper...and to add in washi tape.

I have been having Silhouette problems lately (just can't get my cut settings right even when I follow the settings that the program tells me to use!).  Instead of whining about it (which I am super good at...just ask my husband!), I decided to use my Silhouette "issues" to my advantage. I made a border for my layout and knew that my Silhouette probably wouldn't cut all the way through the paper. I was right! So, I used a few different colors of mist to color around the edges of the page. The mist showed up darker where the cuts had been made and ended up creating a really cool effect:
You should also go check out what the other ladies created.  There are some really cool ideas for washi tape posted over there!

Thanks for stopping in!

Layout: Cardstock: Bazzill; Cutting Machine: Silhouette; Mists: Tattered Angels, Studio Calico; Alphas: American Crafts; Wood Shapes: Freckled Fawn (arrows), Studio Calico (hearts); Mustache Clip: K & Company; Paper Tab: Bananafish Studios; Washi Tape: Target; Staples: Tim Holtz

2 comments:

Luckie said...

Ah ah! You wear staches quite well!!

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

That's sad your Silhouette isn't working correctly, but I love the effect it created. Very cool :)