10.12.2014

Jumpstart Challenge and Instagram Love

Hey, everyone!  Because it's a holiday weekend here in the U.S., I have a little extra time for "paper play."  I decided to participate in Marcy Penner's and Stephanie Bryan's first Jumpstart challenge.  I love both ladies' work, so I was excited to see that they have decided to post bi-monthly challenges.  This first prompt asked us to use a colored photo and a black & white photo.  This is one of my go-to techniques, so I had a lot of fun with this one.

I also decided it was time to use some of the stash that I've been hoarding - mainly this Crate Paper collection.  I also recently purchased some files from The Cut Shoppe.  It's been awhile since I used my silhouette, and I'm loving everything that Ashley creates, so I decided to go for it.  Although, I did realize that I need a new cutting mat and a new blade - my current mat is not as sticky as it should be and my blade is not cutting as clean as it should!  Ha!

In other, unrelated news, I finally caved and got an Instagram account.  I am sort of obsessed.  I think that is why I waited so long - I knew it would be addictive!

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill, Recollections; Patterned Paper: Crate Paper; Wooden Shapes: Freckled Fawn, Pinkfresh Studio; Label Stickers: Crate Paper, Heidi Swapp; Banner, Mist: Heidi Swapp; Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye; Alphas: Simple Stories; Cut File: The Cut Shoppe; Doily: The Curtsey Boutique; Chipboard Heart: Studio Calico

1 comment:

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a pretty page, Kat! Really love all the layered elements and your mimicked photo in black and white!