2.10.2018

Valentine's Cards

Hi everyone!  I wanted to show you some super quick Valentine's Day cards that Piper and I made using some Pretty Little Studio products.  When I became a Mom, I knew I wanted to start some fun holiday traditions.  One of the traditions I really wanted to do was handmade Valentines for close family and friends.  And even though Piper is too young to notice or even participate, I decided to start this year.

I chose a super simple design for our Valentines, so I could quickly and easily replicate it.  We made cards for grandparents, aunts & uncles and her teachers at day care.
We started by tracing Piper's hand.  I knew I wanted to incorporate something cute and signature Piper in the cards, and I realized her hand would be perfect.  In full disclosure, I tried to do her hand prints with paint, but that was a TOTAL DISASTER, so I settled for tracing it :)

I had pre-cut and typed out the sentiments on the card, so I just glued down the hands, topped them with a cut-out sentiment and added a quick border.  I thought the beautiful With all my Heart collection was absolutely perfect for these cards.  Finally, I popped in a cute photo of her and we are also giving her teachers some chocolates and Starbucks gift cards.

I'm in love with how these came out...and I know I'm going to love seeing how small her hand was when I look back in a few years :)

No comments: