1.07.2019

Why I Love #52Favorites

Good morning everyone!  This morning I am here to spread propaganda about the #52favorites project at Paper Issues.  Lol.  In all seriousness, Paper Issues didn't ask for me to do this, but I feel the need to encourage EVERYONE to participate.

For those unfamiliar, #52favorites is a weekly album where you document your favorite memory from each week.  A lot of people do their album in a Traveler's Notebook.  I re-purposed a planner for my 2018 album.  I focused on the 52 Favorites of Piper, my daughter, so every memory I documented was about her and something going on in her life.  This project was SUPER manageable.  I mean, I completed all 52 weeks, so that is HUGE.  I come from a Project Life background, bu found that PL just wasn't feasible once I had Piper.  And I know PL can be super simple, but that's not might thing.  I like taking my time to make pretty pages; that's the fun part for me.

Anyways, looking back at my 2018 album gets me all nostalgic.   Here's why...my week 1:

And my week 49, which is the last week that includes a super close-up of my girl:

She grew so much!!!

Here is a collage of my favorite spreads from the year:

(funny to see how different the lighting was whenever I would take my photos...but I work and have a kid, so this is the best I can do...lol)

Which leads me to my plan for 2019...

Because my favorite spread from my 2018 book was this one:

I miss sequin shakers, y'all.  A LOT.  So for this year's album, I decided to go back to a pocket scrapping format and will use 4x4 albums.  And lots of sequins.  And a lot more bulk.  I love my 2018 album, but I want to change things up a bit for this year.  Here's my title page to give you an idea of what I have in mind:

I won't be sharing all my weeks here but if you keep up with my on instagram, you'll be able to see them all.

Thanks for popping in! 

2019 title page: page protector: We R Memory Keepers; "P" tile: Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper; Blue Alpha stickers: Pinkfresh Studio; Gold Alpha Stickers: American Crafts; Chipboard Circles: Pink Paislee; Sequins: Paige Taylor Evans for Pink Paislee; Staples: Tim Holtz

No comments: