2.18.2014

PL: Cocoa Daisy vs. Studio Calico February Kits

Good morning, everyone!  If you are in the U.S., I hope you enjoyed your long holiday weekend!  I wanted to pop in and quickly share 2 weeks worth of PL.  One week was made using the February Cocoa Daisy kit, Color Swatch, and one was made using the February Studio Calico kit, Sugar Rush. 
 
First up is Week 7 of 2014, using the Cocoa Daisy kit:


I focused on the "love" aspect of this kit, since it was Valentine's week.  I love all the bright fuchsia that this kit is rocking.
 
Then, it's Week 49 of 2013, using the Studio Calico kit:
Even though this week was in December, the SC kit still worked with the subject matter.  This was the first week back home from my 7 month work-cation and we celebrated my birthday, so there were lots of happy, bright memories to include.
 
I loved both kits this month.  I think I loved Cocoa Daisy's just a little bit more because I thought the colors and Evalicious assorted tags were so much fun.  But I also really loved the chipboard shapes and some of the unique journaling cards in the Studio Calico kit.  Really, it was a win for both kits this month.  For week 8, I think I'm going to mix the contents and use them together to create a spread...it has the potential to be my most colorful spread yet!
 
Week 7: Page Protectors: Becky Higgins (Design G and Design A); Journaling Cards: Evalicious, Studio Calico, Cocoa Daisy; Alphas: Studio Calico, October Afternoon; Tags: Evalicious; Patterned Paper: Cocoa Daisy; Camera Clip: Prima; Staples: Tim Holtz
 
Week 49: Page Protector: Becky Higgins (Design F); Staples: Tim Holtz; All Other Products: Studio Calico

1 comment:

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

I love how these pages turned out. Even though you used different kits you found a way to make them work together very well.