5.28.2011

A Very MeSsY Layout

Good morning, all! I have a quick layout to share with you. I did it for the grid challenge over at Studio Calico. The layout came out REALLY messy in the end. I couldn't get my stitching straight, so I decided that the messy approach was best...I actually like how it turned out, though: And there really is an "r" in the "Nerd" label, but for some reason my scanner doesn't like that color...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend...and a nice long one if you're in the U.S.!

Layout: Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Making Memories, Studio Calico, Sassafras; Alphabet Stickers: Doodlebug Design; Chipboard Hearts: Maya Road; Tag: Jillibean Soup; Punch: Martha Stewart; Mist: Tattered Angels; Tools: Ae Are Memoy Keepers Sew Easy Zig Zag, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher; Miscellaneous: Emroidery floss, pen

8 comments:

Luckie said...

it's so great and so funny!

Michelle Hernandez said...

This is fantastic! Love the fiddly bits on the sides- they balance the layout really well. Good luck!

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

I think it turned out great! I'd take controlled chaos over neat and orderly any day :)

ms.schwiet said...

What super cool stitching

Jasmine S said...

Yep, messy is always good. This looks fab. Love that white space. Makes the rest of it really pop.

Marelize said...

Hi Kat. I saw on yr comment on Jodie's blog that you are having trouble commenting without being 'labled' anonymous. I've had the same problem and someone gave me this advice (which worked for me). When you sign in, make sure the 'stay signed in' box is NOT ticked. It helped in my case, but is annoying because you have to sign in every time you want to use blogger. Hope it helps. :)
Btw, your layout is gorgeous! :)

Edwige said...

I love love love this LO!!

Deana said...

Love that page... totally adorable! :-)