2.28.2010

A little ephemera

I love, love, love ephemera (ticket stubs, pamphlets, stamps, etc.). I have always found that stuff to be so much fun. That's why I was super excited yesterday when I went to Michaels and saw that K & Company had come out with a whole new collection (the Handmade collection) featuring plenty of ephemera...much like Making Memories' Vintage Findings collection.

One problem with my love for ephemera: it's typically associated with a very vintage style of scrapping...and if you've been following my blog for awhile, you know that I am NOT a vintage scrapper...it's so hard for me. I love bright and loud layouts. But every now and then, I like to dabble in the vintage style.

Here is a recent layout I made, using my new K & Company goodies. I also used a Creative Scrappers sketch...

Maybe this will inspire some of you to scrap outside of your comfort zone for a day!

4 comments:

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I couldn't agree with you more about K & Company being not really my style. But I like how you used these papers on this LO. Your style is definitely still there!

sarah said...

i'm totally with you on that. i like LOUD and BRIGHT colors! :)

but that is very true... scrapping outside the box shows how creative you can be! ;)

thanks for the inspo!

hugs.
sarah.

Vel said...

Ooh, I love ephemera too! Love, love, love it. You should check out Gauche Alchemy...they put together kits of ephemera you'd probably like. And I just got one of those packs of K&Co. stuff and the alphas too. Yummy! Love your lo! :)

Frances said...

Lovin the cluster of goodies...great layout!!