2.14.2010

Paper Flower Tutorial

Hey, all! I have a fun paper flower tutorial that I would like to share. Bare with me: the pictures are not the best (my camera kinda sucks/the operator has no idea how to use it properly) and this is the first real tutorial I've ever done. This is the flower I will show you how to make:


One thing I love about making these is that is a perfect way to use some of the scraps you have lying around. I pulled some scrap paper right out of my scraps bin to create this. I recommend using a double-sided paper because you will see both sides once the flower is complete. First begin by cutting out/punching circles in your desired size. The ones I used are about an inch and half wide. I ended up using 9 circles to make the flower:

Fold every circle in half. You are going to want to be able to see the crease:
Next, fold in part of the circle as if you will be making a wedge shape. Make sure that this fold extends past the center crease that you just made:

Take the part of the fold that extended past the center crease and fold it back out toward the outside of the circle. The edge of this fold should line up with the center crease:

Repeat on the other side:

Your piece of paper should look like this once you are done:

Repeat on the remaining circle pieces:

Finally, glue the pieces down on to your project by lining up all the pointy ends together. Imagine putting a bunch of pizza slices back together to make a whole pizza. Once you've done that, just add a center. I used a button here, but you can use anything: a brad, a rhinestone, chipboard, etc.:

I hope my tutorial wasn't too confusing. Thank goodness I took pictures so you can at least see what I'm talking about, even if my words don't make any sense!
Until next time, happy kraftin'!

4 comments:

PaperCameraScissor said...

Now that looks like something I can do.(i hope)

Very pretty papers you used. WHo makes the bird paper? I really like that.

Audra said...

super cute flower... i'll have to give it a try!!

Deana said...

Adorable flowers! TFS the steps! :-)

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Super-cute flowers!!! I'm going to have to try these out! :)