2.02.2010

Making Valentines

Hello, all...I've been busy making Valentines...so much fun...holidays that encourage craftiness are always fun!

I decided to try a new technique: masking. I've seen a bunch of layouts using this technique recently, so I decided to jump on board....especially with my new found love of glimmer mist. To achieve the masking look on my valentine, I just laid down some chipboard shapes that I had lying around and then sprayed glimmer mist. Once the glimmer mist had dried, I picked the chipboard up, and wa-la. It's a fun and easy technique...and I think I'm going to use it more often!

6 comments:

nikilynn said...

Great card!!! I love that glimmer Mist!!!

caroline hancock said...

very nice, i have still to try mines out, but will be giving masking a go for sure

Jessy Christopher said...

Awesome card!! Love the misting too :)

sarah said...

for being new to the misting, you did a FAB job! LOVE it! can't wait to see more of this technique on your projects! :)

hugs,
sarah.

Sarah Lou said...

I must admit Ive a bot fallen hard fro masking of late. That card is Just divine!!

janis said...

love your card kat!!! and i am soooo lovin your i am me layout, so bold and bright!!!!!

thanks so much for the heads up!!! i'm still grinning ear to ear LOL.

thanks kat!!!! keep on rockin!!!