12.19.2009

FINALLY!

I am FINALLY done with Christmas shopping. That is not to say that I won't end up buying more gifts for people. It just means that now I don't have to anymore. Haha. Knowing me, I will continue to buy things until the last minute and will spend a small fortune...but that's okay...that's one of the best parts of Christmas...making others happy.

Tonight I made a gift for a family I'm close to. They have a very strict "Kat, do not buy us anything" policy. But I always find ways to bend the rules a bit. This year I made them a wall hanging...and of course, I had to buy the frame for it. But, I don't really think that counts as buying them a gift.

Here is the wall hanging I made. I scraplifted Cindy Tobey's layout "Laugh With Me." It's one of my favorite layouts of all time and I was totally inspired by it. I have a feeling that this will not be the last time that I scraplift this particular layout. I know it's not the greatest picture...photographing stuff has never been my strong suit (I guess I should have taken the glass out, then taken the picture, but that's an awful lot of effort...ha!)

6 comments:

caroline hancock said...

Kat your right this is a fabulous layout, but i really love what you have done. this is how im going to decorate my new home once it is built, just going to by lots of 12x12's and hang them, this way you can change them when you want too.Im like you with thee shopping i tell myself i have finished every week lol then buy lots more but i love giving pressies to

Sweet Momiji said...

This is great! Anyone would love this for a gift! Eventually, (when my scrap room is beautiful and organized..lol) I want to do something like this. Kinda put my fave or more recent layouts on display and keep changing them out.

Oh, and your not the only one who is 'finished' yet still shopping. lol

Hugs,
Hollie

sarah said...

glad that you have your shopping done! me too! :)

and what a great gift. made from the heart is always the best, don't you think?!

have a great day!

hugs,
sarah.

Deana said...

Very cute LO!

Glad to hear your finished with your shopping! I hope you have a VERY Merry Christmas! Enjoy celebrating with your family & friends!

Hugs...

nikilynn said...

Kat... that looks awesome!!!!
I'm jealous that you are ALL done with you shopping!!! I need to get my ball rolling!!
Have a Merry Christmas!

KristenJo said...

Beautiful layout!!! You are just like me, done with shopping but still buying more :) Have a great week and Merry Christmas!!! :)