12.17.2009

Paint technique

Hey, all! So, I definitely do not have a vintage scrapping style. I love vintage layouts, but I've never been one that could really pull that look off. I am too in love with bold colors and patterns. However, every now and then, I love to dabble in the vintage style of scrapping.

One of the trademarks of a vintage look is distressing. A lot of people do this with ink...but once again, that's not something I'm very good at. I prefer to use paint. As always, I use acrylic paint since it dries so fast (awesome). I like to put paint on a Q-Tip and run it around the edges of paper and pictures. And the good thing is, you can be totally random about it...it doesn't have to look perfect...it's not supposed to!

So, while using paint for distressing doesn't look completely vintage, it does give a "quirky vintage" look to the page...and I love that. Here is an example of a layout I did recently using this paint technique:


1 comment:

nikilynn said...

Thank you for the tip on the paint! I just might have to try this one!