8.27.2012

Another Trendspotting Layout

Good morning, all!  Happy Monday morning (if there is such a thing, ha!).

If you regularly stop in to my blog, you know that I've been taking a Studio Calico class called "Trendspotting."  The class introduces us to many of the current scrapbook trends and teaches us how to incorporate the trends into our own work without compromising our style.  There is also a weekly challenge that sorta acts like homework. 

This week's challenge was to scraplift either one of the instructors (Lisa Truesdell and Kelly Noel) or one of our fellow classmates.  I chose to scraplift an awesome layout by Lisa.  I wish that I could link up the layout for you all to see, because I really think it's great.

Here's what I created:

 
I think I managed to keep my own colorful style in tact.  Going into it, the biggest challenge for me was creating that ombre tag, but it ended up being really easy.  All I did was take three different mist colors and paint them on.
 
Thanks for stopping in...enjoy the work week!
 
Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper, Alphas, Labels, Diecut Calendar, Border Stickers: Jillibean Soup; Wood Shapes: Studio Calico; Mist: Tattered Angels, Studio Calico; Washi Tape: American Crafts

1 comment:

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Great layout! THis looks like a very cool class :)