4.25.2010

CS #101 - Lots of NEW techniques

Hey, all! The newest sketch (#101) is up at Creative Scrappers today. I loved the sketch, so I decided to instantly play along. Here is what I came up with:

Some techniques I used here:

*I painted around the edges of my picture to give it a fun effect.

*I traced circles and cut them out of the cardstock. I then distressed the edges of the cutouts and taped random pieces of magazine paper to the back of the cardstock. It was a new technique I decided to try and I actually had a lot of fun with it (plus it was easy!) so you may be seeing that again on some of my other projects in the near future. :)

*I painted around the edges of a glimmer mist cap in black paint and then I randomly stamped it onto the cardstock to get all those fun little circles.

I am also very happy that I finally got to use that piece of green burlap that I have had sitting around forever! I am sure you guys all have stuff like that too - you have saved a random piece of something because you know you can use it on a project later. Instead, it just lays there looking at you and teasing you because it doesn't work with anything that you are doing. Hmm...maybe I'm being a bit too dramatic, but I think you get the point. :)

Happy Sunday!

8 comments:

Deana said...

Very cute, Kat, & I love the burlap on there! So FUN! :-)

Stephanie said...

Awesome layout Kat! Thanks for your sweet words on my blog :) and yup, the mushrooms are from the Whimsy Shop ;)
xo

Unknown said...

awesome new layout!! i love the colors and all of the fun techniques that you used!! :)

Sarah Bruneski said...

Great Layout! I so know what you mean about those random elements. Hmm, you've inspired me to look in my stash and get scrapping!

Kerryn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Kat and for your lovely comments :).

I love how you've used this CS sketch. Love how you've used just the slightest bit of green to work with the photo. Great layout!

Myia Shantrice said...

Your blog is awesome! Thank you for stopping by mine! Love the layout and all the new techniques you tried with the sketch!

sarah said...

love the look to this one. the circles are rockin'! :) ...and yes, i admit... i've got tons of those scrap pieces taunting me... what brand do you usually have sitting around? hehe.

hugs,
sarah.

Lila said...

Great layout, i love the techniques that you used!
Answering your question: -The paper used is similar to tissue, is a Brazilian design Julia Cotrim
Thanks for stopping by my blog. come back soon
xx.