3.20.2014

More Color Class Shares

Hello! 
 
I have 2 more layouts to share with you this morning.  Both were inspired by the fun Studio Calico color class that I am taking right now.
 
The first layout was made using square colors (these are 4 colors that are equally spaced on the color wheel).  I have always loved my primary colors, so I went with them and green: 
I dripped watercolors down the top of my paper to get the drippy look.  I'm also a fan of the tone-on-tone embellishments.  I feel like that sort of "cleaned" the layout up a bit.
 
The next layout was created using warm colors:
I had fun playing around with the embossing technique again.  I stamped over a mist mask with Versamark and then sprinkled my gold embossing powder on it and set it with a heat gun.  I also embossed the wooden title letters.  Question: Does anyone know an easy way to emboss wood veneers and keep them from blowing around everywhere when I turn the heat gun on?  It took me FOREVER to emboss these suckers!  I still need to create a cool colored layout for my "homework."
 
Thanks for popping in!
 
Layout 1: Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Elle's Studio, Cosmo Cricket, Bo Bunny; Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye, Studio Calico; Diecut, Word Label, Chipboard Stars, Vellum Word, Cut File: Studio Calico; Alphas: Pink Paislee
 
Layout 2: Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper, Chipboard Hears, Label, "Documented 2013: Label: Studio Calico; Wood Veneers: American Crafts, Studio Calico; Brad: American Crafts; Enamel Dots: Basic Grey; Washi Tape: Studio Calico, mt; Mist, Banner, Mask: Heidi Swapp; Embossing Power: Recollections

1 comment: